WHAT DO WE DO IN PABISA HOTELS TO HELP THE ENVIRONMENT?
1 - We manage our waste and avoid pollution
- We classify rubbish that can be recycled
- We manage the level of noise coming from the hotel
- We hand over dangerous waste to authorised waste management companies
2 - We don´t waste water
- We install filters in the taps
- The WCs have a water saving system which uses a dual flush
- We change towels according to the client's ecological criteria
- We water the plants during the hours with the least sunshine
- Our gardens have indigenous plants as well as automatic watering systems.
3 - We save energy
- We make the most of natural day light
- We use automatic motion sensor lighting and intermittent lighting in the hallways
- A layer of insulation has been applied to the exterior of the building to improve thermal energy efficiency
- We use low consumption light bulbs
- We control the temperature using a thermostat
- We carry out daily checks of the electricity metres in order to detect any leaks or excessive consumption
- We have a system installed which automatically stops the air conditioning when terrace doors are opened in the rooms
4 - We purchases with the environment in mind
- We buy in bulk which creates less waste
- We reduce the usage of toxic products
- We give priority to local products to reduce transport
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP US?
- Turn taps off when they are not in use
- Notify staff in reception in the event that taps or cisterns are not working properly
- Changing towels: re-use the towels. If you leave towels of the towel rail they can be used again, helping to protect the environment. If you leave the towels in the bath tub they will be changed.
- Use the dual flush in the WC appropriately
- Turn off any unnecessary lights
- Moderate the temperature of the air conditioning.